Volunteer opportunities abound!
In addition to 3x-daily (365 days per year) “hands-on” interaction with the dogs at our shelter (809 Rockford Rd SW) there are many other ways to help:
- Act as a shelter guardian – No dog walking, but still caring for the dogs while others are out walking. Cleaning kennels, getting food/water/meds ready, laundry, sweep/mop areas and provide extra outside or play time for the dogs.
- Provide temporary (foster) care – Fill out our foster/adoption application and when we bring a dog into our care that fits your needs and home life, we’ll be in touch!
- Assist during open house hours (Saturdays, 10-2) at the shelter – Sign up to be a volunteer and after a few months of learning the ropes, you can help volunteer when we’re open to the public helping people meet dogs they’ve applied for.
- Help with a fundraising event (prep, attend, or re-stock afterwards) – We have tons of fun in person fundraising events and are always looking for people to help.
- Take photos and videos for website/YouTube posting
- Solicit businesses for in-kind donations for raffle baskets and fundraisers
- Redeem bottles and cans (that have been collected at the shelter)
- Donate a tote of your gently used stuff to Dogs Forever’s Stuff Etc. account
- Perform grounds maintenance (pull weeds, mow grass, shovel sidewalk)
- Place and monitor coin donation boxes at local businesses
If you are interested in becoming a volunteer, please fill out our Volunteer Questionnaire.
Dogs Forever is an all-volunteer-run tax-exempt charitable 501(c)3 non-profit organization. We receive no federal, state or local funds. Donations provide for dog food & treats, vaccines & preventatives, vet care & meds, as well as rent & utilities.