From Hopelessness and Despair
to a Better Life…Your Gift Makes it Possible
Dogs Forever is committed to saving the lives of homeless dogs in Iowa with an emphasis on dogs in Eastern Iowa counties without animal shelters. But we need your help to carry out our mission. We focus on offering educational opportunities for the public and programs that strengthen the bond between people and dogs. Our all-volunteer staff strives daily to make a difference in the lives of homeless, abused and neglected dogs.
Your gift makes a difference.
Basic needs donations can be monetary gifts or items such as collars, leashes 4-6 feet in length (no retractable leashes), martingale (walking collars), treats (no treats made in China, and no treats with dyes), toys, and both soft and hard food. For the safety of our dogs, we are only able to accept unopened treats and food. We only accept NutriSource Adult Dog Chicken and Rice dry dog food in the Adult, Puppy and Senior formula. We prefer NutriSource canned food but will accept other high quality brands. We also keep our Amazon Wish List up to date with current and much needed items needed for our shelter.
If you’d like to hose a fundraiser to support our shelter with donations and need any information or help, please contact our Fundraising Committee at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please help us continue our important work by making a gift today. Just click on the “Donate” button to make a gift using PayPal, Discover, MasterCard or Visa. You will have the opportunity to indicate how you would like your gift used (refer to the list of donation options below). If you do not give a preference, we will direct your donation to the area where we feel it is most needed.
- General Fund— Basic Veterinary Care (vaccinations, de-worming, heartworm testing and micro-chipping) and Pet Supplies (food, pet porters, flea medicines, etc.)
- Mend a Friend— Donations to this program are used for urgent or specialized veterinary care including surgeries, lab tests and x-rays, treatment of heartworm disease, urinary and ear infections, and other health concerns.
- Seniors for Seniors— A donation of $150 from an individual or company enables us to provide vaccinations, spay/neuter and heartworm testing for a senior dog. We work with church leaders and social services agencies to identify seniors who will benefit from the companionship of a dog. Your sponsorship enables us to waive the adoption fee and place the senior dog with a senior person.
- Dogs Forever Safe Place— Your donation will go towards renting a facility in the Cedar Rapids area where dogs can safely wait to be placed in the Seniors for Seniors program, be adopted, or be transferred to a reputable rescue or no-kill shelter. We focus on senior dogs and adult dogs in situations that threaten their safety, health or life.
- Memorial Gift— Please indicate the name of the deceased pet or person you are memorializing. If there is someone you want notified of this gift, provide their name, address, city, state and zip code.
- Honorarium Gift — Please indicate the name of the living pet or person you are honoring. If there is someone you want notified of this gift, provide their name, address, city, state and zip code.
Planned Giving — By including charitable giving in your tax & estate planning, you can gain personal satisfaction while financially supporting non-profit charities like Dogs Forever. If you would like to talk to a Dogs Forever consultant about planned charitable giving opportunities, please contact us by phone at 319-320-5522 or by email at email@example.com.
- Amazon Wish List — We keep our wish list current and up to date with much needed items for the shelter. If you find these items elsewhere, great! Otherwise, click HERE to support our Amazon wish list.
We also welcome donations the old fashioned way. Please send your check to:
809 Rockford Road SW
Cedar Rapids, IA 52404
Thank you, on behalf of our homeless dogs.